About the persona
53 year old management accountant
rheumatoid arthritis and colour vision deficiency (colour blindness)
uses keyboard only, no mouse and just started using voice control
Navigate with the keyboard:
- press ‘Tab’ to go to the next link or form element
- press ‘Shift + Tab’ to go back to the previous link or form element
- press arrow keys to move between radio buttons
- press ‘Space’ to select radio button or checkbox
- press ‘Enter’ to follow a link or submit a form
- press ‘Esc’ to close things
If you’re stuck, use the touchscreen.
‘Ctrl + Alt + /’ shows keyboard shortcuts (only on a Chromebook).
Start voice control:
- it might already be running, say a command (see below) to find out, there should be a round microphone icon in the bottom left corner
- if it’s running but ‘asleep’, say “wake up”
- if it’s not running, click on the ‘Handsfree for Web’ icon next to the address bar
- if it’s unresponsive, restart the extension
Use voice control commands (only in the browser):
- say “click” and then follow the on-screen instructions, often saying a number
- say “scroll down” and “scroll up” to scroll the page
- say “help” to show a list of useful commands
There are 2 versions of an example page. Version 1 shows the issues Chris experiences and version 2 shows the fixes that will help Chris. Do version 1 before version 2.
Do the following tasks logged in as Chris:
- There is a table. Its country column includes an explanation indicated by a question mark. Try to select that question mark to find out what the explanation is.
- There are a couple of buttons below the table. Try to select the correct button.