There’s a lot of information about Digital Marketplace in various places - here’s a quick guide.
What you’re reading right now! This is aimed at developers but contains useful info for the wider team:
- how to handle 2nd line support tasks and incidents
- how to onboard / offboard developers
- developer tasks during framework iterations
- how to find content
- descriptions/diagrams of our infrastructure and processes
You can also search the manual by keywords, using the box on the top left.
Usually Product/Delivery create new trello boards for each mission.
However there are two long-running boards managed by developers:
Used to manage incoming support requests, bugs and regular chores. This board also contains:
- Templates for common tasks (including scheduled chores)
- Handy shortcut links (should all be in this developer manual as well)
- Watch list (things we need to keep an eye on and regularly review)
Tech Debt / Developer Ideas¶
A seething mass of horror where tickets go to die (it’s not that bad, honest). This board is pretty enormous because we also keep track of ideas we decided not to do, so we can search for them in the future.
- Inbox column: for triaging new ideas (this happens weekly)
- Product debt column: tickets that developers can’t solve on their own
- Do now/next/later: results of triaging, ‘Do now’ tickets should get pulled into the main sprint
- Everything else: can’t or won’t action yet
Cards on this board should be tagged with at least one category (e.g. ‘Infrastructure’, ‘Bug’).
Still can’t find it?¶
If you have a technical question, ask the developers in the #dm-development Slack channel :)